Please feel free to apply for the planning committee for this council if you are a Dharmagupta lineage holder residing now in the USA. You must be able to speak and write English, it does not have to be perfect. You must be able to get online as it will be key to meetings using chat or video chat in the form of Skype, Facebook group video chat, Google Hangouts, or YouTube live streaming for the meetings. You must commit an equal share of time and effort to this council as the founder and others on the planning committee.
This committee and membership is only available to Bhikshuni and Bhikshu of the Dharmagupta lineage and must only be open to those qualified and presently residing in the USA.
- good standing must be verifiable with resident Sangha who speak and write English
- English must be good enough to speak and write professionally
- Bhikshuni or bhikshu must be full time in robes, those who are working outside the temple are also welcome to apply for the planning committee.
- US Citizen, naturalized US Citizen, Green card holders, Visa holders ALL good as long as you really live in the USA.
- capable decision makers
- strong personal Vinaya study
APPLY for membership first! See the USASC individual member application at the right top of this site. Then email your request to join the planning committee! Welcome!
This committee and future activities will not sponsor any group or any person wishing to ordain in the USA, nor sponsor any green card, nor support assistance for any visa. There are enough colleges or temples in the USA that do so. We will not serve as an intermediary for such sponsorship.